walkin'

walkin'

Thursday, February 26

Best Bitches x


Remember in the 90's when you shared "best friend" necklaces with the little hearts broken in two (or three)? I loved those. I mean, how many did you have? Honestly? We used to get ours at Claire's in the mall, and I'm sure I got through a few.

I have now found the grown-up version. They're on Etsy and they are completely awesome!!

I came across them completely by accident while browsing Etsy one day. I knew I wanted to get my besties (mwah! Love ya buddies! xxx) and I some matching jewellery, but I was thinking more along the lines of friendship bracelets (we got those as well  at a stall at Farm Festival for my 30th Bday, so it all worked out!) but I wasn't expecting these.






"Best Bitches".

Could not have said it better. I knew they'd be perfect so I ordered them four months in advance of Christmas (no I'm not really that organized, just didn't want to wait!) from "Ouroboros Designs LA" on Etsy (shop here: OroborosDesign'msLA ). 


Tara is the shop owner and she could not have been more kind and obliging if she were Mary freaking Poppins! Especially as I was fussy about the postage and packaging and changed my mind on order dates about three times...she kindly looked past all of that and still provided me with awesome personal service and friendliness! 

She makes all of her pieces by hand, many of which are made to order, and can even make bespoke pieces should you so wish. The prices were reasonable and the quality excellent! I've been wearing mine since New Year's Eve when I bestowed the broken heart upon my best friends. 

Tara also creates beautiful Native American inspired pieces and charming woodland creatures. I like the look of the Art Deco rings and earrings, and the black diamond ankh ring. 

Deco-Tribe earrings

I had a really cool shopping experience with Tara and Ouroboros Designs and I'm loving the necklace like crazy! I feel a huge trend stemming so go and get your best bitches their nametags!

And on Twitter: @OuroborosLA


No comments: