walkin'

walkin'

Thursday, July 2

My Body Dysmorphia (it's not what you think!)

I've rather recently become aware that the image I hold of myself is not exactly the same as the one I realistically, well, am, in real life.

As vain as this sounds I've always thought I was fairly photogenic. I'm not saying I'm perfect in any way, shape or form, but I take an ok picture. It's only recently I've become aware that the way I feel on the inside (sexy!) doesn't always come across in photos!

*For the record I don't ALWAYS feel like *a model* and I'm not trying to be an asshole- It sucks we have to be apologetic for liking ourselves, but I know I'm not like a tiny size 2 or whatever so don't feel like you have to shame me because I'm a size 10! I know I have flaws, we all do. Yes, haters, even you.*

But it's like Neo in The Matrix and his "residual image"; how we all imagine ourselves to look isn't necessarily based on reality. Well, my residual image is definitely better than the real thing but, hey, it feels good to be her on the inside anyway! ;) 

Who is your residual image based on? Fact or fiction? Is it a good thing to think you look better than you actually do, or is it just annoying?? 


Ps! I realize body dysmorphia can be a very real, very dangerous concern and I hope I don't offend anyone by seeming to make light of this issue. But I feel it's important we face it from all angles and sometimes focusing on the positives can work wonders!


No comments: