walkin'

walkin'

Friday, January 23

au Natural pt.1

The makeup style that I've gotten the most compliments on ever has always been a natural look. So no heavy lids or shimmery lips today! No pin-up style eyebrows or sculpted bronzer! It's easy going and its pretty.

This is what I use daily as the bare minimum, and these are the items I ALWAYS keep in my little make-up bag so I can always make myself at least presentable.

First off, make sure your skin is clean (duh) and well moisturized. Use a serum if possible, and an SPF in your moisturizer. Give your skin some time to soak up the products before beginning, or you'll end up all streaky and cakey. Like painting, really.

Start with a decent primer. When I say decent I mean whatever one you can afford to get your hands on. I use Seventeen Stay Time Long Wear Primer, which I think was roughly £4. It's lasted me about 8 months, so very cost effective.



 Now use any cover-up routine you have. I only use concealer under my eyes and around my nose, and on any especially noticeable spots. I don't use a foundation as I personally find it too heavy and I feel like I look like a China doll instead of all glowy and dewy, which is what I'm going for!




Next you need a loose translucent powder. I'm using Collection ....----.... but I'll use whatever one I can get my hands on really. The Boots Naturals range has a good loose powder and its under £2! Dust this over your face with a fluffy brush. Fluff it about until it's evenly spread and blends into the skin and isn't stuck too much to any one place on the face. Think soft even skin, not powdered up like an vintage French tart. ;)


Now blush. If you've ever seen "Kissing Jessica Stein" you'll know you can't get the perfect shade unless you blend two colours together! (I know she's referring to lipstick but the theory applies here!) I use a little bit of a plummy colour on another fluffy fat brush and kind of pat/swirl it around starting at the apples and working up towards the hair line so you get a ruddy, just-got-off-ski-slopes look to start. You want this bit to look uber natural or it can look really tacky and over done. Secondly, find a pink blush that suits you. I know you're thinking "Pink? Seriously I don't do pink!" But pink blush is extremely flattering on many places of the face! It lifts and glows and its something I wouldn't be caught dead without!




I use Clinique's -------- and using a slightly stiffer blush brush, pat it into the apples of your cheeks until desired glow is achieved. Blend it in gently with your fingertips. Reminder: don't go overboard as you'll look more Koko the clown than Coco Rocha!
(Note: If you don't know where your apples are, smile a big cheesy grin into the mirror. The little roundy, meaty bit of cheek that sticks up is the apple.)

If you've read this far and not fallen asleep- Well done! You've graduated to part 2. Come back tomorrow for eyebrows and eyes! xx




No comments: