walkin'

walkin'

Thursday, September 11

Let's Talk about socks, baby.

I am so obsessed with socks right now! Blame the oncoming autumn, blame an upcoming Boudoir shoot, but I'm basically making excuses to work them into my outfits on a regular basis.

I am particularly fond of printed thigh-high socks. My favorite pair are a grey and pink harlequin print from Le Chateau circa 2003 (old, I know, but oldies are goodies etc etc). They are so soft and the pretty colours make me feel a little less trashy when I wear them. I ended up wearing these to Farmfest on the Friday night as it was colder than expected but I flat out refused to wear tights or leggings. Natch.

There's a scene in SATC The Movie where Carrie is consoling Miranda in the park and she is wearing an exact match of my socks in a different colourway- no doubt hers are Marc Jacobs or whatever but still! Carrie Bradshaw never fails as a fashion inspiration and I will take this as yet another justification to wear my socks. Sock socks socks socks...how many times can you say it before it loses it's meaning? Socks socks socks socks socks socks socks..................I'm getting to about 34.

I've mostly seen socks of the thigh-skimming variety in black; no surprise there: They're simple, they're chic and are easily worked into many the outfit. Wear yours with sheer black or printed hose underneath to add another dimension to the look and benefit from the extra layer as the temperature drops!

The other way I love socks at the mo is cute menswear-inspired printed socks under rolled up tailored trousers with an ankle boot or a nice pair of brogues. May even work with Converse...

I love socks!

No comments: