walkin'

walkin'

Thursday, January 29

Banana & Honey Hair Mask

So I tried out my first ever homemade hair mask yesterday! I went for one aimed at split ends since, well, I've got those. The recipe was:

2 tbsp honey
1/2 mashed banana
4 tbsp olive oil

Mash the banana into the oil then add the honey. Simples! The recipe said leave on for 20-30 minutes but my lovely hubby commandeered the bathroom just as my time was up so it was more like 45-50 minutes.

I'm not sure if it was the amount of time or the consistency of my hand smashed banana but that shit was hard to rinse out! I had to wash and condition twice and actually comb the banana bits out of my hair while in the shower! I'll be honest, it was a bit gross.

I would suggest skipping the banana altogether! Or if you really want to use it, blend it so smooth you could give it to a baby intravenously. Otherwise it's like a monkey food fight in there.

My hair did come out pretty soft and shiny but really hoping a different combo will give me the same or better results without the mess!

I'm rocking neat honey on my strands as I type this so stay tuned for the best at-home foodie hair treatment!

Adios x

No comments: