walkin'

walkin'

Sunday, July 27

Introduction!

This is the place where I plan to put down my ideas and thoughts on lifestyle, beauty and fashion; mostly fashion, but we won't rule anything out at this point. I am hoping to use blogger as a launching point until I become awesome enough to either build my own website or pay someone to do it. Likely to be the former, but we'll see how much you guys come to visit!

So at the moment I am mostly a stay-at-home mum, and before your little brain switches off at the thought of a mother (GASP!) writing about fashion, let me tell you that mamas know more about fashion than we let on. It's a lot harder to be trendy and fashionable after children as it becomes a lot less practical, but the desire is definitely still there. We were, after all, not always mothers and not all of us are completely swallowed into the black hole that is motherhood.

Let me just say in advance that I am in no way slagging off the mothers who don't give two shakes about their appearance on the school/grocery/play park run- motherhood is a hard slog, and sanity usually wins over appearance. My sanity just happens to be tied to my appearance. Well, maybe not tied. I like to think my interest in  beauty and fashion add to my sanity- my day would be a lot less sparkly without the routines and rituals spent in making myself up!

I do occasionally work in retail slavery, so just in case you're wondering, I manage to stay in touch with the fashion world by styling lovely ladies in high street fashion and watching it walk into the realm of street style. I also absorb fashion through reading various gossip magazines and outdated Vogue's on my lunch breaks. All very valid and informative sources, you have to admit.

ANYWAY this is me, I will post street pics soon, hope you like! x

No comments: