walkin'

walkin'

Tuesday, August 26

All rules are meant to be broken. Or at least bent.

Surprise surprise, I've had to bend my own fashion rules as, for August, it is freezing! It's wet, it's grey, it's ick and I've had no choice but to don tights and pantyhose under my shorts and skirts. I am thoroughly disappointed as I was really, really enjoying the hot weather and all of the fun summer trends that come with it. For the first summer in two years I was neither pregnant or carrying around a very small baby and the accompanying baby weight. And thanks to football and a newly acquired running habit I was able to actually experiment with styles that showed my arms, legs and heaven forbid, my midsection. And I got a real natural golden glow to compliment said styles. All done with the appropriate amounts of sun protection, natch.

Nevertheless I am on the verge of switching my wardrobe over from summer to autumn now, and am already wearing tweed into work. Who wants to bet I'll pack up all my shorts and dresses and we'll have the hottest September on record? Yeah. I do.

No comments: