walkin'

walkin'

Thursday, August 7

Mean Girls

I read recently that Victoria Beckham was ripped into pretty hard for her August British Vogue shoot by various fashion bloggers and, predictably, Twittees. I then saw the spread in question last week and have come away feeling confused, sad and awed. I have no idea what these mean girls are grasping at because she looks absolutely gorgeous and lets us in on, what at least seems, a softer side of VB. Apparently some of the comments were along the lines of calling her a "scruffy hobbit" and a "homeless person in designer". These literally made me snort out loud, as how obviously jealous are her abusers? She looks fabulous, has a beautiful husband and family and has a thriving business; not to mention having been photographed gardening by a world renowned artist in £3500 coats. I'm jealous, but I'm not going to publicly lay into her because of it. It's just being mean for means sake, something girls do, unfortunately, particularly well.

So basically what I'm saying is, to the mean girls out there: Fuck Off.
And to Victoria Beckham: You rock and I'm a little bit in love with you. But not in a creepy way.

I'm out.

No comments: